Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Considering How I Want To Tell My AR Story


The story I want to tell is one of weaving the themes of my research, perspectives and a few examples of participants with data into a single narrative. My purpose is to tell my story about how genuine conversations with students about their own views, outlooks and experiences (some outside the classroom) will impact how they perform within an academic context. My audience at this point is anyone who wants to listen.

The suggestion that resonated with me the most has to do with how to tell my story. It was suggested that I incorporate my reasoning and thinking, however insignificant I may think it is, in my presentation and paper.
At this point I would not be opposed to possibly doing a member check at the end of my research. This might work in the way that they can see how much more they have participated and used their class time before and after the implementation of our written conversations and their own reflections would be interesting to read about they felt along the way and if they noticed a difference in themselves. My only reservation is I do not want to come across as the only reason I did this was for a school project. regardless if my data supports this AR, I plan to do this in some form when I get my own classroom because it is a theory I believe in.

A reflection that I have already realized is the frustration of what a lot of teachers are faced with when constantly confronted with students who do not put in as much effort as other students. The tendency is to focus in on those who are producing and leave the others behind. When responding to these journals I caught myself doing the same thing. I responded to a couple journals differently than the others. I would put in more thought and effort to those who wrote more. I noticed this almost immediately because this is exactly what I want to avoid. But having this experience made me realize how easy it is to fall in that habit. Now, I tend to write more to those who write less, hoping that there will be a tipping point to where they want to produce more.

No comments:

Post a Comment