Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

AR Conference: It Was A Presentation!


Apparently, the last CSET in the Spanish series is the longest one (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking) and I was not able to attend  the majority of the conference. However, the feeling that I walked away with from after our AR mini presentations was something else. I received awesome feedback not only how to make my presentation better but on what to add in my actual paper. Just being thorough on EXACTLY why I did or didn't do something to let my audience know that I was in a place of reflection and care when planning my AR. 

For example, I was thinking in putting the questions associated with my student dialectical journals in both English and Spanish. I decided not to because I felt their reading and comprehension was in a place where they understand it and it was only their writing and speaking that I wanted to see immediate changes. Plus, when I walked around I could informally assess if they understand the question by having them read it back to me and summarize what they think I am asking for. This was something I would not have added unless someone I presented to highly encouraged me to add it and ANYTHING else I was or will be thinking.

I do need to add more visually clearer images. The camera on my phone tends to blur and my pdf maker always has a shadow in it. Aside from these aesthetic changes no one mentioned any major flaws in my data. Tori did mention something to me that I wanted to use, but I need to remember to ask her what exactly that thing was.

Just letting loose all my feeling about my AR to an engaged audience (was lucky that the people seemed really interested which in turn made me more excited to share) was great for my confidence in that what I am doing is interesting. I am enjoying my AR very much seeing that others were just as enthusiastic when I shared was something else

No comments:

Post a Comment