Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

My Passion

I would have never described myself as a passionate person before I decided to enter the teaching profession. I like to joke around for the most part, unless I am competing in something, anything. It was others who brought it to my attention that these are passionate qualities; I just thought I was a little immature because I didn't like to lose.

I still have those qualities when it comes to athletics and training. These passions have helped me as I transition my life in a new direction, an education/teaching direction. Instead of motivating a client to ignore their mental limitations to truly find their physical capabilities, I can use those skills to help students past their mental limitations so they can see their cognitive potential.

As of now I am content with honing and transferring these skills. Once I feel confident in my capabilities is when I can truly find  a narrow focus in my future research

1 comment:

  1. Gabe, I like how you were able to connect your passion for fitness and athletics to education. Often times, people limit themselves because of what they THINK they can or cannot do - whether it be accomplishing a physical goal or an academic goal. Encouraging students to believe that they can accomplish tasks, learn content and understand concepts are one of the greatest things that we can do as educators.

    ReplyDelete